What is creatine?
Creatine is a substance that is found in our body naturally. In our body amino acid produced creatine. By three amino acid creaitne is manufactured and these are:-
Creatine is stored 90 to 95% in our muscle, kidney and liver.
People consume approximately 1 gram creatine daily from their diet. Some creatine food which contain creatine such as meat, fish, salmon and egg etc.
But, when we talk about sports, workout and your overall fitness then we have to add additional creatine from 5 to 10gram and up to 20gram creatine is safe for you.
And now the question is from where you take creatine. Natural foods don’t give you 5 to 10gram creatine because in food there is approx. 1gram creatine. So, you can take creatine powder to add additional creatine.
When we use creatine it generates “Adenosine triphosphate” (ATP) which provides you the energy and endurance during weight or strength training workout.
Myths of creatine powder
There are some myths of creatine which people says who have lack of knowledge about creatine.
- Effect on kidney: It effects on your kidney when your nutrition and water intake is low. It all depends on your nutrition and water. So, if your water intake is good (it should be 3 to 4 liters) then kidney filter it in a better way and it does not effect on your kidney.
- Creatine increases bloating: it increases bloating when water is held in your skin. But it’s not like that if you take unflavoured creatine and another thing is creatine hold water but there is no problem in holding water because it holds water in your muscle cells to stay your muscle hydrated and it doesn’t effect on your muscle loss and also it helps to recover your muscle fast.
What are the Benefits of creatine powder
There are many benefits of creatine powder
- It increases muscle growth
- It increases lean muscle mass
- It increases muscle strength
- It helps to recover your muscle faster
- It also increases your stamina
- It enhances your performance during workout
- It increases muscle cell hydration
- It also improves your brain health.
What dosage of creatine you should take
First of all, see yourself on which level you are when take creatine because the dosage of creatine is taken different at different level such as for beginner, intermediate and advance level.
If you are a beginner then you should start with 2.5 to 5 gram per day of creatine as pre-workout or post-workout.
And for intermediate and advance level you can take from 5 to 10 gram per day.
You should start a cycle of Taking creatine like for three months take it and then take a gap for 30 day to 45 day and start again.
And there is also a thing that people who take normal doses of creatine then it doesn’t harm your body. So, be careful.
Safety issue: don’t take overdosage of creatine because overdose is harmful to your body. So, be careful when using creatine powder.
Top 4 creatine and who should take?
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Creatine Micronized
- Creatine Hydrochloride (HCL)
- Creatine Ethyl Ester
Anybody can take creatine it is one of the cheapest, safest and most effective supplement and it doesn’t matter whatever is their goal like muscle building, cutting or fat loss. Everything is depending on your nutrition, exercise and timing and dose. According to some experts creatine good for health and fitness.